Help For Traffic Tickets
In most instances, I will be able to handle the entire matter without your presence for a court appearance or even an office visit.
A traffic violation can mean a fine, points on your license and a higher insurance rate. A criminal traffic offense can mean imprisonment. If you have been charged with a traffic infraction or with a criminal traffic offense call the Powell Law Firm P.A..
Traffic Tickets Can Add Up
Whether you are a Florida resident or an out-of-state tourist, a Florida traffic violation can affect your driving privileges and cost time and money. Make sure you understand your rights.
I will analyze your case, listen to your recollection of the traffic stop, review the evidence and explain your options. My law firm will work with you to limit the damages from your ticket.
Whether you have received a ticket for:
- Running a red light
- Running a stop sign
- Careless driving or reckless driving
- Driving after consuming alcohol if the driver is under 21
- Driving while license or registration has been suspended or revoked
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Driving with expired registration
- Failure to yield to an emergency vehicle
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Failure to have liability insurance
- Failure to stop for a siren
- Passing a stopped school bus
- Running a stop sign
- Traffic accidents
- Illegal lane change
- Illegal left turn
- Illegal U-Turn
- Failure to follow traffic laws
- Failure to follow traffic signs
- Hit and run/leaving scene of the accident
- No valid license
- Seat belt violations
- Car seat/child restraint violations mechanical violations
- Parking violations
- Window tint violations
- Unlawful vehicle modifications
Many of these infractions will add points to your driver’s license. Depending on the circumstances, I can seek lower charges and, in many instances, avoid points altogether. In the state of Florida, when you accumulate too many points, your license could be suspended or revoked.
Contact Mike For Assistance
My office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. I am available for off-site, weekend and evening appointments upon request. I offer free initial consultations for my criminal law cases. Call me at 941-564-7173 or complete my contact form for more information. My office is conveniently located in the Clock Tower Plaza across the street from the Charlotte County Courthouse.